Luau Themed Birthday Party


For Rudys birthday party I decided to try a luau themed party. So I figured I would look to Pinterest for inspiration. Several ideas caught my attention such as having a bonfire, Hawaiian kabobs to eat, a Moana "drive in" movie night, and grass skirts for the girls to wear.


The beginning stage of the box cars. I used boxes from Amazon shipments and just cut and duck taped them into the shape of cars.

Here is one of the cars close up before I painted and decorated them.


I bought spray paint from Walmart and each car took at least two coats. the blue color I chose took three coats and didn't cover as well as the pink. The only problem I encountered was the duck tape started to come off so I went back to Walmart and bought colorful tape and used it to support the box cars as well as decoration.



After one coat of paint on some of the cars.


Here is a package of Hawaiian looking flowers that I bought at a Michaels Craft Store. I used these to stick on the cars to make them fit the theme better. 


Here is the finished product. In addition to the decorative duck tape and stickers...I added paper plates for wheels and used poster board to make license plates. On the front I wrote Birthday Bug and on the back plates I put the kid's names. I also added plastic cups for headlights and bought three small bowls at the Dollar Store to use for snacks such as candy and popcorn during the movie. Each car also got a Pillow that was purchased at Five Below and a blanket for comfort during the movie. Last each car also received  a Coconut Cup and umbrella straw to use for their drinks which I purchased from Oriental Trade.












 Next it was time to work on the girls painting activity.


I bought canvas, paint, and brushes all at Michaels.



Finished Product.



Grass skirts and lays were given to each girl. We spent the day listening to music outside and letting them play.





I also made little gift bags for the girls.

Bags purchased from Oriental Trading


 I dont have any pictures of the food but I can say it all turned out really well. I do have a picture of the luau cake, though.







We ended up doing the fire during the day since I had the Moana movie planned for night.


                                      


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mermaid Kid's Bedroom

Pinterest Inspired Horseshoe Pits