Mermaid Kid's Bedroom

Rudy really liked mermaids so I decided to do a mermaid themed bedroom for her. I found this great idea to do scales on the wall from Pinterest. So I used that idea and then went from there.

The scales were traced from a paper plate that was cut in half.

Light purple wall with scales

The room was painted 3 different colors...light purple, dark purple, and light blue. The light blue wall had waves painted along the bottom. The light purple wall had scales painted at the top. And the dark purple wall was left plain.

Dark Purple Accent Wall

Next I wanted to make a table for her to play at. I found an old train table on Offer Up and used that to make my table. I bought teal felt at Joann Fabrics and cut and glued the felt on the table. Rudy ended up using the table for trains and for her V-Tech Barn. I ended up using it as a place for a television as well.

Table after I cleaned it up but before I added the felt.


You can see the waves on the blue wall.

I bought most of my mermaid themed stuff at Target.


Overall I think the room turned out well. Rudy likes it. 😊



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luau Themed Birthday Party

Pinterest Inspired Horseshoe Pits